The Last of Us Part II (PS4)
- Created physicalized interactable environment objects to add life to some levels.
- Simulated physics hair, cloth, rigid body behaviors in Maya for a baked animation to be used in environment assets.
Death Stranding (PS4)
- Addressed feedback requests from Kojima Productions on environment art assets.
- Used Substance Painter to create believable rust and weathering details.
- Used Photoshop actions to quickly check textures for PBR accuracy.
- Created LODs for assets.
- Did extensive work on the WW1 scene assets.
Unannounced Unreal Engine 4 Title
- Created all particle and material effects.
- Integrated intro cinematic anims with Unreal Engine 4's Sequencer.
Tech Art / Generalist on "Drawn to Death" (PS4)
- Extensive and broad use of Unity, including profiling performance and debugging rendering on PS4.
- Worked with programmers to create tools for quickly integrating character costumes.
- Coded custom shaders with geometry manipulation, stylistic expression of lightmaps, decals, grid UV animation, etc.
- Worked with artists to discover optimal asset creation workflow.
- Created character and weapon rigs.
- Designed the level (Mt. Killmore).
- Created almost all particle effects.
- Created a workflow for warping wide angle live-action camera footage to suit the texture mapping of spherical geometry to make a video environment.
- Created many level-based gameplay "gags", and almost all of the tutorial level interactivity via a Unity plugin called Play Maker.
UI Artist / Programmer on "Sorcery" (PS3)
- Assembled inventory UI and main menu with supplied graphics in Adobe Flash (now Adobe Animate) using ActionScript.
- Displayed dynamically structured images of items in a grid layout.
- Handled controller input.
- Worked with lead programmer to create functions in ActionScript that communicated with UnrealEngine 3 via ScaleForm.
Particle Effects on "PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale" (PS3)
- Worked with level designers and referenced original games to re-create effects in the correct style.
- Adapted to unique particle effect creation workflow in the Bluepoint Engine.
3D Artist / Programmer on "PlayStation Home" (PS3)
- Integrated furniture items and character clothing items.
- Created thumbnail images, collision, and entered supplied localized text.
- Modified outsource art to ensure items fell within memory and polygon budgets.
- Programmed complex behaviors into some items with Lua Script, including networking and player camera control.
- Created particle effects with code driven parameters.
- Created diverse UV scrolling effects using UV layouts on geometry and / or texture grid animation.
- Created furniture items from scratch, some pictured below.
Unreal Engine 4 - Ramp Maker
- Tool for connecting walls to floors with a curved ramp. Procedural mesh generated with collision, manipulated with spline controls and an array of "ramp points".
Unreal Engine 4 - Particle Effects
Unreal Engine 4 - Custom Vehicle Suspension
- My own take on vehicle suspension instead of using Unreal's built-in vehicle.
Unreal Engine 4 - Project Spline on to Terrain as Procedural Mesh Road
- Procedural mesh road creates below path of a spline. The mesh has an elevation parameter to lift the geometry and avoid clipping through the terrain.
Unreal Engine 4 - Triplanar Grid Material
- Used dot product operations to create a triplanar mask for a grid generated from world coordinates.
Unreal Engine 4 - Recover Decal Capability After Disabling Pre-Pass
- Teams working with Unreal Engine 4 may sacrifice decal functionality in order to disable the pre-pass and increase performance. This is a way to restore decals without having to re-enable the pre-pass. Static mesh is a cube with inward normals, material has depth test disabled. This will work with instanced static meshes with some edits.
Unity Mobile Game
- Created in Unity using C# programming and the Android SDK.
Link to Glomp on Google Play
Paintings, Acrylic on Canvas
Engagement / Wedding Rings